Sunday, April 4, 2010

Is the Easter bunny real?

First time I have gotten that question, wasn't quite sure how to answer.  Jake is very good about not "lying" to the kids.  I on the other hand am not so good about it, and sometimes when they ask questions I just give them an easy answer even if it isn't quite true.  So when Easton asked this the other day I had a hard time figuring out if I should lie or tell the truth (and Jake wasn't there, and no we didn't tell them about Santa...yet).  So I said, "uh, hmmm... well.... uh, let's ask daddy cause I'm not sure."  Then Mason replied, "of course he's real who do you think fills up our Easter baskets?"  And Easton said, "oh yah."  And I left it alone... phew saved by the 6 year old who really does believe it. 

Our tradition of coloring Easter eggs continues, and of course Chase joined us again this year!
Then the bunny left a few goodies on Easter morning in their baskets. Wasn't alot in the baskets because they had 2 egg hunts (one of which was put on by my mom and her sister and I knew they would go NUTS... I was right) PLUS they got baskets from grandma (who is much more generous than our bunny). So thankfully I went light on stuff. Mason did say later to me, "I thought the Easter bunny hid eggs with stuff in your house for you to find." uh... I will try to remember that for next year... my Easter bunny as a child never did these new modern things that I remain oblivious to.


 We had a great time hunting eggs outside in the nearly 70 degree weather!
Isabelle and Christian joined in the fun. Nothing says I am 6 like making silly faces... he will be embarassed by this someday.


A rare pic of Grandma Rene and Grandpa Dean and boys.

And a pic with Papa John and Grandma Lana too!

No comments: