Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mason's new trick

So every Tuesday night I teach night class and so the house becomes "boys only." 2 weeks ago when I finished teaching I had a text that read, "Mason can ride his bike with no training wheels." I was like, "what?" "when?" "how?".... he had been begging us to take his training wheels off all summer and Jake and I both looked at each other and shook our heads, we knew he would crash and burn and we just weren't prepared to deal with it. Especially since he gets so frustrated when he can't quite master something.

Apparently that night they all went for a walk around the neighborhood and down the street a new little boy that just moved in (who is almost 4) was riding with NO training wheels. So I am not sure if it was Mason's idea or Jake's idea... but regardless they came home and Mason learned to ride with no training wheels. This also sparked the 2 other little boys in the neighborhood who are the same age as Mason to start learning and mastering this skill too. (so yes we now have a bike gang in our neighborhood).

When he first learned someone had to hold onto the bike so he could start going, and when he stopped we would have to walk to where he was and do it all over but within the past week he has learned to balance on one foot push himself and start pedaling.

Now it's time for a new bike as his is tiny...and Easton wants it anyway. :)

Here is some video of him, sorry it's bad quality it is from the point and shoot and someday when we get a new video camera (hint, hint for xmas) I can post good video.


So the next Tuesday night Jake decided that Mason would learn to sleep with no diaper on (he just can't quite wake up to go potty)... let's just say that didn't end as well as the bike riding. So no more "Tuesday night firsts"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your new blog look! And the invitation is very cute, too!