
I guess when you are the youngest of 3 boys it is inevitable that you grow up faster than you should. Being a mom I even expected this, but it's out of hand really. Yes this post is about the baby....First he rolled early, crawled early, walked early, climbed up and down the stairs early, jumped off the couch early... well you get the idea. For the record he didn't talk early :)
So about 3 months ago he started throwing a fit every time I would put him in his high chair. So I started making sure it was right next to the table... didn't work. Finally one night I said forget it, and I put him at the table on one of the booster seats. He proceeded to climb on the table multiple times and I proceeded to get him down and sit him back down each time, until eventually I just let him sit in the middle of the table and eat his dinner. As the saying goes in our house, "oh well... he's the baby" So at the age of 14 months the high chair becomes obsolete... I swear I know people with almost 3 year olds who still sit them in the high chair (lucky people, this is like jail for kids and hence wonderful for parents.)
So along with his indepence of sitting at the big table he decided to he must also feed himself...everything. Caught this shot this morning at breakfast... I just keep reminding myself that the mess is worth it because he is learning independence and this is important in development... right? Of course YOU think so because you don't have to clean up this mess. Next big step... big boy bed. It is coming soon as he is quite obsessed with the other boy's beds. Mason slept nicely in his big boy bed starting at 17 months, Easton started in his big boy bed at 15 months and Sutton is now 17months so I guess if he's gonna do what they did we might as well move him. BUT...the reason we moved them was to make room for the baby and get them used to the big bed before their new baby stole their crib... NO we aren't moving him to make room for anymore babies... stop hoping for a girl cause we certainly aren't :)
Stay tuned... we will see how the transition goes or if I can put it off for awhile until I find the perfect big boy bedding! He CAN climb out of his crib, but usually chooses not to cause he loves to sleep so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment