We've become regulars at the Mercy Hospital Outpatient Surgery unit. In the past 3 years we have had 6 sets of tubes put in ears, 2 adenoid surgeries, and 1 tonsilectomy. I have to say taking Sutton in this time was one of the smoothest visits we have had. First off, he is pretty good if you wake him up early and make him get going. The other two are definitely the opposite of that, I am sure with age Sutton will also turn into a grouch in the morning. But it sure was refreshing to see him smile at 5am when I woke him up for the big day :)
We got to the hospital and got him all checked in. They gave me his gown and slippers (see picture above) and it was just so cute. I never took a picture of the others in their attire, so I am glad that I remembered this time. We hung out for a few hours and they took him back for surgery. Literally I sat down and read 2 pages in my book and they were done. Dr. Simpson said it went well and he should feel a lot better. He removed a bunch of thick goop from his ear canals and he should hear a lot better.
Time will tell if our ear infections subside, he had 4 since Thanksgiving and was getting pretty crabby most of the time. I do think he has been in a better mood. And best of all he slept all night last night. Could the tubes be the answer to my lack of sleep for over a year now? I am crossing my fingers. Regardless I am just glad he is feeling better. And once again, Sutton does something so he can be just like his big brothers.
We are in the midst of a huge snow storm again. Had 8 inches or more on Sunday and supposed to get up to 10 tonight. Anyone ready for spring?? I would even take a dreary, cold day with NO snow at this point!
Thanks for checking in on us!
1 comment:
He is so cute in that gown! He looks like you in that pic to me. Can you believe the piles upon piles of snow????
Post a Comment