When we moved into our house 3 years ago we intended it to be our forever home (well forever until the kids leave home and then I am moving to Hawaii), we were one of the first houses on the street and we had no idea what sort of neighbors we would end up with. We hit the jackpot when it comes to neighborhoods. Hands down I think you'd be hard pressed to find a neighborhood as great as ours. In fact there are so many good friends now that any informal get together turns into a gigantic party! There are tons of kids all the same age (13 kids between 1 month and 6 years old just on our cul de sac)... and mostly boys. They all get along really well and they never cease to find things to do.
Behind the houses on our cul de sac there is a creek that gets pretty big when it rains. One day the kids came running in the house for their swim trunks. Now this was early May, not real warm and I couldn't figure out why anyone would want to play in the water. But if it enterains them... fine. Pretty soon when I went to check on them I noticed they weren't in the yard as I expected. I found them in the creek. After a small heart attack I got the camera to capture them "being boys"
Sometimes we load them all up and drive them around for a wagon ride!
The Slip N Slide has become a fave
And at the end of the night there is usually a firepit. Notice Easton's helmet... the kid never leaves home without it. Probably good because I truly think it's saved his life several times when he wasn't even on his bike (he's a bit clumsy).
No comments:
Post a Comment