Monday, August 3, 2009

The incredible climbing kid

My kids have all been climbers compared to many other kids their age. However Sutton has taken it to a new level so to speak. Other parents often gasp when in the presence of Sutton because he is often up on top of something he shouldn’t be. While I usually stand there watching calm, cool, and collected just shaking my head, I can't tell you the number of times I have heard someone say to me, "he's making me nervous." I guess I should have expected this when at the age of 11 months he could easily climb out of his crib. Here are a few places I have found him lately:

Nothing in the pantry is safe anymore:
He can get in the fridge He's crafty...ladders are necessary when there are no lower shelves to start on.
And his latest was climbing up the outside of the staircase, luckily he thought just sitting on top of the banister would be sufficient.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Brooke, that's hilarious and terrifying all at the same time. But, if it was my kid, I'd probably have the same outlook you do.

onecent said...

HAHA! Is Sutton Luke's twin born to another family! I have SOOO many of Luke doing the same naughty things. ;)

Unknown said...

Seriously amazing. Travis says if you're really worried, buy him a spelunking helmet and he'll be fine.