Sunday, April 5, 2009

Kindergarten Round up and 5 year appointment

So apparently my baby, my first baby, the one that completely tranformed our life is getting OLD. sigh. Tuesday we had 2 big events, 1. Mason's 5 year old appt and 2. Kindergarten round up.

He was so worried about shots at his 5 year appointment. We had several talks about how it would hurt but not for long. At one point he told me, "Mom, I think I am probably going to cry." It was sort of cute because you could tell he said it hesitantly as if he wasn't supposed to cry. So we went to the appointment and the dr. was impressed with all his skills, especially riding a bike with NO training wheels. He measured in the 30% for height and 50% for weight. (Jake keeps reminding me he was the littlest kid in school for years and years until late in high school, so he's expecting a late growth spurt for Mason as well.) I also was short in school and actually grew 3 inches in college. So after all the measuring and chatting the dr. gave Mason the news that he needed NO shots, he had gotten them at his 4 year appointment and so he was good to go! Boy was he thrilled.

So that afternoon we had kindergarten round up. The parents listened to the principal talk while the kids all went off into smaller groups and met a couple of the teachers. Mason had fun and knew a couple kids in his group which was nice. He wasn't scared at all and walked off with his group like no big deal. sigh. He's ready for kindergarten, we are ready to stop paying for daycare, but I am not sure daddy and I are actually ready for him to be in kindergarten.

2 comments:

The Gardiner Family said...

He had to be so happy about the shots!!!! I am with you, I don't know that I am ready for our oldest to start school. Makes me a bit sad!

MBerdo said...

I'm already having anxiety about Mason going to kindergarten ... don't know if it's because it makes me feel old, or if I'm just in disbelief he's already to that age. I can only imagine how you and Jake feel!