As you can imagine we have a significant amount of monkey see-monkey do at our house. Within the past 6 months or so Sutton has also joined in. If you stop by some day you might see 3 boys jumping off the couch, 3 boys sliding down the stairs on their bellies, 3 boys pushing dump trucks on my hard wood floor while I yell at them... you get the idea. Up to this point I have been annoyed at the monkey see-monkey do thing because when one kid has something I then have to get the other 2 the same thing (like lemonade, or cookies, or whatever). And when one kid does something bad then inevitably I have 3 kids doing the same bad thing. (They sure are good at saying, "well so and so was doing it," which clearly makes it ok right?).
So after much complaining about all the copying I think I have found ONE positive... yes just one. Both the older boys were fairly easy to potty train, Easton has been potty trained now for well over a year and of course Mason for much longer than that. Well Sutton is now obsessed with wanting to "potty." He is constantly saying "UNNA bite, unna go, unna outside, unna truck, unna drink." UNNA=wanna. So a few times he has said, "unna potty" and I said, "you are funny, you are too little." So finally I gave in a few days ago and when he asked I put him on the potty. Imagine my shock when he actually peed. He knew exactly what to do. Everyday since he asks at least once a day to potty and every time he gets on there he actually goes.
Now I am NO where near ready to potty train this kid, just because he can push out pee doesn't indicate to me that he understands "when" he needs to go. Although some would disagree. He is only 21 months and there is no way he would even be able to pull his own pants down (that's one of my requirements!). So I guess I am hoping that this obsession continues and by the time he gets a big older he will be easy to potty train too.
Makes me kind of sad that he wants to grow up so quickly... he does everything WAY too early for my liking. Darn older kids. He'll probably be stealing the car and going for joy rides by 12!
dude, i haven't studied philosophy since 1996
12 years ago
1 comment:
unna see!!! ;) too funny. we call corbin 'monkey see, monkey do' on a regular basis. yay for 1 of those things being a positive lol
Post a Comment