Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Jake's Alumni Game

The Old Gang!
It seems like just yesterday I spent many nice days sitting outside watching Jake play baseball for Western Illinois University... it was actually like 9 years ago! GASP, I feel old. We got a letter in the mail inviting Jake to come back for homecoming and play in an alumni game. So we figured what the heck, and decided we would pack up the kids and head to our old stomping ground for a fun filled Sunday.

I always tell people that I went to WIU to get a degree and left with a future husband and a best friend. The "trip down memory lane" wouldn't have been complete without Amber there, so I called and didn't even have to beg or plead, she was in. Well I did have to promise her we would have a "horseshoe" (a popular entree served at most restaurants in Macomb, a.k.a. heart attack on a plate!), and the way to Amber's heart is through her mouth. Here we are after eating lunch:
Amber and her girls met us at the game, and although we didn't watch most of it we had a blast chasing around kids and catching up. They had so much fun playing and running around. It's never a complete success unless the kids do something they aren't supposed to, at one point the announcer said, "can we please keep the kids off the inflatable Rocky? Thank you." Yah my boys were trying to use this HUGE blow up mascot as a trampoline. They all act like Jake... it's really not my fault and slightly unfair that I have to put up with it. ha ha ha.
It was fun to see some of Jake's old teammates and to look at campus. We drove by all the places we both lived and drove around town a bit just to see how things had changed. It's amazing how time flies because it seems like yesterday we were there! We ate lunch at Rocky's, the restaurant where Amber and I waited tables. It hasn't changed a bit, and the hand rolled mozzerella sticks were as good as we remembered (we used to have to make them at the end of our shifts!) Here are several pictures from our fun day, we are looking forward to doing it again hopefully soon!
My boys and her girls:

A few pics of Jake batting and scoring a run.

2 comments:

Keysha said...

how fun!!! and that is one big rocky! whoa! guess it was a tad different being there with 3 kiddos ;) you may have to elaborate on this "horseshoe" lol

Keri Hove said...

How fun Brooke! I sometimes think about all those guys and what happened to them! Glad to see they are all doing well...and don't look any different! I love to see pictures of your boys...they look exactly like what I would imagine Ryan and Jake looked like as kids! You are a very busy women with all those boys!!