
2 short topics in one post :)
So the last remaining bit of our baby is now gone (well besides the diapers). Sutton is happily sleeping in his big boy bed. It was only a matter of time as he was ready to be out of his crib. I was hoping for a smooth transition as we have had with the other 2 and I got it! He loves to sleep so much that when it is time for bed he goes right to sleep and same with nap. It's kind of funny because when he is ready to get up he just opens his door and comes on down the stairs. He even has done this a few times in the middle of the night. It kind of makes me laugh to think that our 18 month old can just wander around the house at night all by himself (no worries we have an alarm so if he goes out EVERYONE will know). He's not afraid of the dark just comes down to my side of the bed and says, "mommy." He's so grown up for his age... guess that happens when you have 2 older brothers.
This weekend we took advantage of what I keep saying is the last nice day of the year and we did some yard work. We are preparing for family pictures this Thursday at our house.
Caution side comment ahead: for the record I said that no matter what happened I promised myself I would never let Sutton have third child syndrome where we never get his picture taken... and well I did. I didn't mean to, I really didn't... in fact I had good intentions, even made an appt when he was 13 months for his year pics and then he got a huge goose egg so I cancelled them and well then the flood happened... and yah I have no good excuse that it is actually going to be a whole year since he has had his pictures taken. GASP.
Ok back to the story about yardwork. Slowly but surely we have been planting trees this year and getting the yard how we want it. We planted 8 arborvitae at the beginning of the summer and then an Aspen, or vice versa. So we decided to plant a tree or two this fall. We went to the nursery and everything was 30% off but there was little to choose from, we almost settled for a tulip tree but I decided we might check Lowe's instead. JACKPOT. We ended up wtih 6 trees for $52.. yep $52. Granted they aren't big by any means but they aren't that small either and for less than $10 a tree if they die who cares? We'll buy more. So here are a few pics of Sutton and Easton helping plant the trees. Sutton wasn't much of a help but he was really interested, Easton actually was a big help. I was no help with the planting, I did however work in the front yard. Where was Mason? Playing with friends... yah that's another post in itself.
Until next week...have a good one!





1 comment:
i still can't believe that your baby #3 is in a big boy bed, and my baby #2 is not-lol
and "BONUS" on trees! i sooooo need some more in my yard.
Post a Comment