
Tball games started twice a week on Tues and Friday a few weeks ago. Let's just say Mason is improving! I took pictures last week but have to get them downloaded off the camera... so give me a few days but I have pictures. He actually hit the ball for the first time last week when the coach pitched to him. We were so proud. Tuesday night he started hustling and actually running after the ball even when it wasn't near him. There is light at the end of the tunnel after all! So that's the good Mason update, the bad Mason update could take me pages and pages to write since he has turned into someone else's child that surely isn't my sweet boy I will just sum it up with a story. Tuesday morning I asked him to do something several times, he ignored me over and over and I finally grabbed his arm and made him look at me and told him again. He looked at me and said, "I said NO." And then it gets better. I was so mad I marched him up to his room and put him in time out. He was on the bed I shut the door and stood there to take my deep breath. All of a sudden I hear him singing the tune the farmer and the dell, only the words he was singing went something like this, "I hate my mommy, I hate my mommy, hi ho the derio I hate my mommy." Yah my sweet boy, my first born, the first rotten child I have had to deal with is pushing me to my parenting limit. So I keep reminding myself that this too shall pass and this is good practice because there is two more where that came from. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Easton: Well he's on the heals of Mason that is for sure. Monkey see and Monkey do. He tries to talk back, but coming out the mouth of a 2.5 year old who can't really enunciate things with an attitude it really just ends up being cute and comical all at the same time. They have been spending a lot of time playing with each other and I love it. I always longed for the day when they would be cute little play buddies. Mason is pretty bossy but Easton is starting to stand his ground some.
Sutton: Well he's the baby and he gets his way nearly all the time. I understand now why the baby of every family is spoiled. It's hard not to spoil them when you know they are your last. For example, the day Mason turned 1, I started taking his bottle away, a week later it was gone. With Easton he started liking a sippy cup so much at 10 months I took the bottle away and never looked back. And then there's the baby, 13 months and well he loves his bottle and well I love rocking him and letting him have his bottle at least at night and sometimes at nap time too. Not sure who is having a harder time giving it up, me or him. But he's the baby...and it's the only time he even remotely acts like one. His newest craze is climbing... well maybe not new because he has always loved to climb but he's getting more adventurous, climbing smaller and higher things than ever before. I found him dancing in the middle of the kitchen table last week. He has learned to push things around so that he can climb on them to climb on other things. So he climbed on the booster seat that was on the floor onto the kitchen chair and then climbed on the kitchen table. He was so proud he danced and clapped. Who wants to bet he'll have the first broken bone?
Other than that exciting news I can't say much else is happening. I get to be a single mom for a week starting Saturday while Jake attends a conference in Denver. I admit I am extremely jealous... can you imagine a whole week alone to sleep in peace? Yah me neither. Hope he gets a little lonely while I am going insane here alone... he better not enjoy it as much as I fantasize that I would. ha ha ha.
OK one last thing because when you don't blog for a month it gets wordy. The kids and I have always been fortunate that I can work full time by having an unconventional schedule so that we can be home together on Tuesday and Thursday each week. Our daycare allowed us to come only 3 days a week. The world came crashing down yesterday when I got a letter saying that they were going to start requiring us to do 5 days a week and they were raising rates as well and it would be year round not just during the school year. Essentially this change would set us back more than $10,000 per year. Yes you read that right. So we are now looking for new childcare. I spent the entire day on Wed calling places and getting references, etc... I think I have found the perfect combo for all the kids with preschool, daycare, etc... but for both preschool and the daycare they won't know if they have room for us this fall until June 1st. So we wait in limbo. So if you can send lots and lots and lots of positive vibes it would be much appreciated. This was so distressing and I just hope that the outcome will be even better than what we had before.
That's it from the Koller house. See you next post... whenever that might be. :)
1 comment:
It sounds like we live at the same house. MOUTHY BOYS... sometimes I have to give myself a time-out. I'm hoping year 5 is better - only 3 months left. I always stop and start humming the song "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins. That always seems to first tick Cole off that I'm happily humming, and 2nd helps me deal with the situation somehow.
Post a Comment