Friday, February 5, 2010

Halloween

Halloween in our house is really more about me imposing my idea of what I want the kids to dress up as more so than their "choice" of what they want to be. I like themes, I like themes that revolve around 3. And up to this point I have been very successful at convincing Mason how cool my ideas are and subsequently he convinces the other 2 how cool they are too. Past years we've been: 3 little pigs, and 3 blind mice. So this year we were the 3 musketeers.

Now many of you who know me, know that I can come up with some creative ideas. And if creativity only involved coming up with ideas and not having to make them become real I would be golden. Creativity lives in my head, but not in my skills. I decided to make the costumes since I couldn't find 3 small enough and exactly like what I wanted. Let's just say that it's good that you can't see details in pictures because from afar they look great! :) OH and it's good that trick or treat is during darkness.

I am also including pics of the kids at the pumpkin patch. We put this off so late this year that Daddy took them solo on the very last weekend before Halloween. I had a meeting but thankfully the all boys trip yielded their annual pics in front of the "how tall this fall sign". And of course they picked out their pumpkins and went in the corn maze and saw all the animals.

Trick or treat was a blast in our neighborhood. Kids got tons of candy while the adults trick or treated with and for beer. In the end it was one big bunch of us wandering around from house to house... picking up more people as we went. Here is a bunch of the cute neighborhood kids. Next year I am feeling Alving and Chipmunks coming.... stay tuned.

No comments: