Although it is sad when they grow, it's also funny I guess. Jake and I went to Boston for 4 days last week without the kids! When we got home I noticed things that happen all the time but that seemed to stand out more. One thing I noticed a lot is Mason's dialog. He says some pretty funny things.
Yesterday he was mad at me and I told him to do something and he said, NO. I told him no talking back. He went and did what I told him but promptly looked at me and said, "Well I am going to be bad for the rest of my life." I just had to laugh, he's so dramatic at times.
He also has taken a liking to the phrase, "what the heck?" I need to post a video of him saying it because the inflection in his voice is priceless.
One final funny that occurred tonight, we were in the car wash and Jake said to Mason, "say roast 5 times." So Mason repeats, "roast, roast, roast, roast, roast." Then Jake says, "what do you put in the toaster?" And Mason states, "waffles." I just about died laughing. Jake then said, "a child's mind is such a wonderous thing."
Even better, when we got home I had Mason call Lana and Papa and do it to them. First was grandma Lana, she said roast 5 times and after he asked her what she puts in the toaster, she said huh? What are you talking about? (or something to that effect) and Mason said, "never mind, you don't get it." Then it was papa's turn... after papa said roast 5 times, Mason asked what he puts in the toaster and Papa said, "toast, toast, toast, toast, toast." Yet another crash and burn... so those of you keeping score it's 3 for the 4 year old and 0 for the adults. The answer is BREAD. :)
dude, i haven't studied philosophy since 1996
12 years ago
2 comments:
i have to say, i told michael about mason and we were both rolling the other night! they are too smart for their own good at the ripe ole age of 4! what in the world are we going to do with them?
HAHA! what a fun little kiddo! I love it!
Penny
Post a Comment