When I signed up for this mother thing I never in my wildest imagination knew just how CRAZY things can be with 3 kids under 4. There are days when Jake and I look at each other and say, "is this really our life?" It really is sometimes like a dream, you know the kind where you wake up and go, "phew... glad I was only dreaming." Koller boys are crazy, it's in their genes, they come by it naturally of course. I am sure I will get some sort of award if I successfully raise these kids to be 18. ha ha ha.
I thought today's post might be about just how much fun you can have on the stairs. Yes the most dangerous place in the house is also the most fun place to play. Our kids are practicing to be future Luge Olympians. Both Mason and Easton have mastered flying down the stairs backwards, on their tummies at lightening speed. And now Sutton has decided he should learn too just in case they need an alternate at the games someday. He learned to go down the stairs a month or so ago (might have blogged about that being the best day of my life). And within 2 weeks he has gotten so fast.
I have a video of them posted below. Here's a bit of background to set the scene. I heard them flying down the stairs and I come in to find all three of them side by side going down, it was so cute. I ran to get the camera so I could video them doing it again and well you know what happens when you force cuteness, so this is the best I got. Mason is mad because they didn't wait for him. But this is also a good illustration of 4 year old attitude and annoyed mommy (if you have sound). Enjoy.
That's my boys... if nothing else I am just gonna be proud of how crazy they are, no sense in being embarassed huh?
I will finish off with our moment's of the past 2 weeks:
Easton: He poops in the potty now!!! We finally just told him no more diapers, and he was fine with that. Took some bribing with pop, gum, candy, and a new toy but he's a big boy! He's also been talking a lot more, and starting to show his intelligence. We never gave him enough credit but he knows all his shapes and is recognizing letters already. Something Mason never did until 3!!
Sutton: He's getting a couple more teeth and really walking fast now, he is soon to be running I think. He's so agile on his feet and LOVES balls, this makes his daddy incredibly proud. Jake says we might get 1 athlete after all!
Mason: although he continues to have an attitude he has been asking a lot of great questions again lately, he's so inquisitive. His big one yesterday on the way to school, "is that the moon?" I said, " nope that's the sun (it was kind of overcast but you could see the outline of it and it wasn't real bright." He then asked, "well why doesn't it have pokey things coming out of it then?" He sees suns drawn in books and they have the rays coming out and so he was confused.
That's it for now! See you next week.
1 comment:
Oh my word! Henry still holds onto the rail or slowly slides down on his bum. This would give me a heart attack!
What fun boys you have!
Post a Comment